· I am checking to make sure you planned
your essay before you write it.
· The first sentence of the essay GRABS the readers attention! You may use dialogue, quotes, amazing facts, thought provoking questions, etc
· You must state your three points in both your first (introductory) paragraph, and your fifth (conclusion) paragraph.
· Thesis statement is the last sentence in your first paragraph.
· You use INTERESTING transition words!
· No worn out words or boring words. Use many different words instead of: good, bad, fun, cool, great, very, many, really, pretty, neat, nice, etc. Use thesaurus or vocabulary words instead.
· You must use a comparison, simile, or metaphor in your essay. It works best in your final paragraph as part of your final sentence.